What we do
The Parasol Project was established in 1991 by a group of professionals working with disabled and vulnerable young people in response to the lack of inclusive play and leisure activities within Oxfordshire.
The Parasol Project is an Oxford based charity committed to redressing the balance for disabled and disadvantaged children and young people experiencing, or at risk of, social exclusion.
Our work with children and young people is split into services for children aged 5 to 12 years and services for young people aged 13 to 19 years.
The Parasol Project aims to:
- Provide inclusive, fun and engaging activities for disabled and non-disabled young people.
- Provide a caring, supportive environment.
- Recognise and promote the benefits of inclusive practice in all of the work that it delivers.
- Establish high standards throughout the organisation, ensuring both quality and integrity.
- Increase the self-confidence and self-esteem of children and young people through play.
- Work in partnership with young people, parents, carers and other agencies and organisations.
Your generosity plays a vital role in supporting our ambitious and enriching provision.